Monday, June 26, 2006

waiting . . .

Waiting is such an idle verb.
Doing nothing but sitting in anticipation of what's to come.
Should waiting with anticipation be idle?
I don't think so, but for me it is.
I seem to have a huge problem with waiting.
It makes me feel stuck.
These days more than ever.
Partly because I don't really know
exactly what I'm waiting for.
I long to be somewhere else.
I've done what I can and now I can only stand still.
Maybe it's the anticipation that's causing the problem.
I think too much.
I plan too far ahead.
I react emotionally.
I shift between several identities.
I'm not living my life to the fullest and I know it,
yet I do nothing but try to convince myself that sitting here
waiting in anticipation is going to get me somewhere.
Waiting really makes me feel useless.
So why do I continue to sit here?
Because somehow waiting has become safe
and it gives me an excuse to avoid taking anymore risks,
at least for the time being.

No comments: