Friday, June 30, 2006

a croc of ugliness

As Diva, I feel that it is my responsibility to make an official statement about the latest shoe trend that seems to be catching on like wild fire - Crocs. All I really have to say is ick!!!!

Jen is trying to convince me that they are the most comfortable shoes on the planet. Now that would seem to be an ok excuse coming from a nurse who knows what it's like to be on her feet for 3 consecutive 12hr shifts, but she's not wearing them as a nurse - she's still on mat leave and has been seen wearing them on the street . . . like in public!!!! Can we say Nasty!!! And to make the nightmare even more terrifying she's on a mission to find a baby sized pair for the Little Diva!!!!!

Now that is where I have to put my foot down (my dainty pretty foot that is only worthy of sparkle, satin and fine leather shoes, of course :) It's ok if the rest of my family wants to gallivant around town in their rubber clogs looking ridiculously horrible, but the crocs stop there - It's unacceptable for my petite protégé to have to be subjected to this hideous fashion trend, even if she does just wear them "around the house".

I'm sorry but it is a diva's duty to say "no" to the hideous trendy trends that will make us look back and wonder what on earth we were thinking!!!!. Those shoes just scream "fashion faux pas" with all the holes , clunk, and horrible plastic rainbow colours sans glitter or anything sprakley .

Don't worry Julia, Auntie Diva will save you from those horrible predators to the fashion world- if it's the last thing I do!!! I'll track em down, wrangle them up and throw them into a deep pit never to be seen again. Just call me the Croc Hunter - CRIKEY!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

andrea
once you wear a pair of crocs for 10 minutes you'll never want to take them off. try them. i know you want to. they'll look great with your bright red scrubs ;)
- sue

Terra said...

I also agree that it is so strange that people are into these things... in Panama I saw a whole family wearing them on the street... um hello, american much? I just saw an ad though in a mag and they have come out with a new croc, more dainty... balletslipper like... im not sure....

Unknown said...

I agree with Sue. Have you even tried one of these "hideous" crocs? Trust me. They really are the most comfortable shoes you will ever wear.
Sometimes appearance isn't everything. And I think they're cute anyway.
I have a pair of brown ones. There are alternatives to neon pink, yellow or green. Khaki, chocolate, and black are just a few of the less intrusive colours.
Plus (I've been told I should work for Crocs) they are made out of a unique material that does not allow bacteria to grow so you can wear them with bare feet for a whole day (which I often do) and then take them off and smell them. I guarantee they will NOT smell.
PLUS they are all terrain.
But I'm not sure if Divas are into hiking or any of those outdoorsy type of activies in which all-terrain would be beneficial.
Ok.
I'm done.
:D

Andrea said...

Just to clarify a few things:
1. diva feet always smell like roses and lilacs (left rose, right lilac:)so we don't need unique anti bacterial plastic to avoid the cheesy smell that most experience. :)

2. a diva will always sacrifice comfort for style, and if it means wearing a pair of sprakley sketchers over ugly crocs on a hike - so be it.

3. Believe it or not I have had them on my feet (oh the horror!!!)and they are way too over rated -everytime I looked down I wanted to vomit at the hideousness which totally displaced any of the comfort that my feet were experiencing - so not worth it:)

Anonymous said...

We may disagree on the Superman Returns issue, but we are in total accordance on this one Diva!

Crocs are UGLY!!!

There is no reason cute can't be comfortable. And if it can't, go with cute.

Anonymous said...

Crocs are the summer footwear version of UGGS! UGLY! I rest my cast.