Monday, June 05, 2006

Diva 101

I'm exhausted!! My voice is completely worn out and I'm mentally wiped, but happy that I am. It really does require so much focus to put together a self produced recital like Diva 101- it's been a while since I've had to do it all - from programmes to hall bookings, to promo to props etc.. Over the past few years I've had blessing of being able to work in productions where all that was required of me was to show up and perform. I forgot how stressful self produced recitals can be (Losing 3 notes off my top octave a week before the recital because of my medication didn't help with the stress) but it was indeed all worth it!! Divo and I learned a lot and Oh what fun we had!! Our goal for the show was to put together something fun that still showcased the art form for what it is. (Ok there were a few not so artistic moments a.k.a. Time to Say Goodbye, death scenes and Carmen, but that was all to add an even greater comedic factor - anything for a laugh and really who's to say that a man singing Habanera in his falsetto voice isn't artisic? :)

A special thanks to those who came out yesterday, on a summer Sunday evening to support us. It truly is a blessing to be able share our love of singing with others - we hope you had as much fun as we did :) Of course it is also our sincere hope that the lessons learned in Diva 101 will come in handy in your quest to become as great, as wonderful and as near perfect as your expert professors (like that's ever going to happen:)
Diva kisses to one and all. mmmmmwa!!

Her Royal Highness has arrived,
and her little chamber maid naturally looks on with adoration :)

A lesson in "pop-era"


Proof that Divas and Divos can get along when necessary.

How can I keep from singing?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: