Sunday, July 30, 2006

SG this weekend



What a fantastic weekend retreat with the SG. (Andre and Marcel, as always much thanks for opening your beautiful cottage to us.)

I don't want to get all mushy but I'm gonna cause I seriously love my small group sooo much. This group is a true and awesome answer to prayer. When I chose to step up as a leader last year I did so with a heart that longed to see true Christ centered authentic, vulnerable relationships formed. I desired to see and be a part of a small group of people who learn to care for and understand each other so well that there would be no barriers and no reasons or excuses to hide one's true self. Last summer as I prepared to take over as leader from Tony, I remember sitting on the very dock that we played on this weekend, crying into the water as I prayed for the future of our group. I honestly thought that the group would disintegrate as we dwindled from a strong group of 12 to a modest 3. But oh how God has shown me what little faith I have. He not only answered the deep longings of my heart but has grown my faith as I've watched the group grow and develop into a real family.

I could go on and on about how you have each touched my life,taught me, encouraged me and made me laugh time and time again but that would call for much more than a jeeky:) blog entry. You are each so special to me and I praise God for you and the blessing that you are to me. I'm going miss you soo much while I'm away (even more than the mat man:) but I can't wait to hear about how God will continue to show His faithfulness and love through this very unique family.

I love you Rhanda, Nishant, Andre, Em, Catherine, Sarina, Brian, Lisa, and John.

No comments: