Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What do I have to fear?

Here I am imagining all possible worst case scenarios. Thinking about how I would cope if my life were to crumble. And so I've found myself strategically beginning the construction of barriers around my heart- barriers to protect me from the pain that could come from from a risk taken in faith.
How ridiculous!! What do I have to fear?? I have already experienced the worst of the worst. I spent 22 years of my life in complete and utter darkness. Absolutely nothing could ever be worse than NOT knowing Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.
NOTHING!!! - no matter how difficult, scary or painful - will ever be more dark, more dangerous, more deceiving or more destructive than walking in the outskirts of hell.
I need to constantly remember that He allowed me, in His perfect omniscience, to walk in that horrible darkness for 22 years so that I can know for certain now that I have absolutely nothing to be afraid of - for I am victorious in Christ!!
His light is truly the only protective barrier that I need surrounding my heart.

No comments: