Tuesday, November 22, 2005

My audience of One

Today as I sat in my car singing, praising God I was filled with such joy!! I really have so much to be thankful for. On top of it all, How awesome is it that I have a God who I can sing to whenever I please!!!! A diva really couldn't ask for a better audience. He's always there - focused, ready to listen and respond. I don't have to arrange for a concert hall with great acoustics, I don't have to force Him to buy a ticket, I don't have to do any vocal frills or trills to keep His attention. I don't have to put up any fronts, wear any masks, hide behind any characters. I don't even have to put on a fancy shmancy gown to look the part . . . . Although I'm sure it wouldn't bother Him if I did.
Maybe I'll do that tomorrow - put on one of my opera gowns and give a lovely little recital for the only audience that truly deserves my all, my very best - my "audience of One".

Audience of One
I'll be content to serve an audience of One
For only His approval counts when all is said and done
And this is my prayer, when the race is finally run
I want to hear "Well Done"
From the audience of One.

I'm overjoyed to serve an audience of One
It's what I've been created for ever since day one
And this is my song, as I bow before Your throne
I love to hear "Well Done"
From the audience of One.

So this will be my prayer, 'til the race is finally run
I want to hear "Well done, " I long to hear "Well done"
I want to hear "Well done"
From the audience of One
- Greg Ferguson

No comments: