Sunday, November 20, 2005

My Heavenly Father

So there I was lying on the floor after collapsing outside my parents door in the hallway. And as I woke all I remember wanting were my parents. I called out to them and they came running immediately. As they surrounded me - as my Mom held my head and soothed me, and as my Dad tried to calm me with words of comfort, I just knew that no matter what happened they wouldn't leave me. As I lay there, dealing with the physical pain, there was no doubt in my mind that they loved me. I was scared and I wanted the pain to go away - I wanted so desperately to be in control. But in my weakness I had no choice but to depend on them and trust that they would make the right decisions for my health and well being.
As I reflect back on yesterday morning and all that I experienced in that helplessness, I am just so thankful for my parents. Even more overwhelming is what a beautiful representation my earthly parents were of what my heavenly Father is to me always.
So often in my life, when I am in a position of panic, fear or confusion my only reaction is to call out to Him, my Father, and when I do He is immediately there holding my head, soothing me, providing me with words of comfort. When I am helpless and scared His love is so apparent. And when I so desperately want to be in control, I often have no other choice but to depend on Him, knowing and trusting that He will make the right decisions for me.

Oh Father, all I can do today in my weakness, is call upon You. Your love for me is so apparent. I put my entire trust in You, I surrender, knowing that this situation is completely out of my control.

No comments: