Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pink Poinsettias

My grandma loved poinsettias. She liked all the colours but I remember her telling me when I was young that she was particularly fond of the pink ones. After that I always bought her a pot of pink poinsettias for her birthday, it became my special tradition. She always knew what I'd be giving her, but she would still act surprised. She would sit and genuinely admire them as though they were the most beautiful flowers she had ever seen. She would diligently care for the plant all throughout the Christmas season and even sometimes would keep it the entire year and see if it bloomed the following Christmas season. I just couldn't help but stop today to pick up a pot of pink pointsettias. These ones are particularly beautiful, Motc surely would have thought that they were the most beautiful poinsettias she had ever seen. I miss her a whole lot, especially today.

No comments: