Friday, December 28, 2007

Bibles

I finally put together my ikea bookshelf today after months of putting it off. As I was organizing my books I realized that I own 13 copies of the Bible!! Of course there are several different versions, translations and interpretations in the collection including my french Bible and the audio NIV version. Some I bought on my own, and others were gifts. Wow I didn't realize that I had accumulated so many. I have made use of them all at some point over the years, some more than others. In the past few years I've found myself using Bible gateway rather than referring to my bibles though .
It made me think of those around the world who don't even have one copy of the bible. You'd think that someone who owns all those bibles would know God's word inside out, but I don't . . . I'm not even close. You'd think that someone who owns all those bibles would only read the bible and would constantly be trying to devour every word - I try, but find myself distracted so often. You'd think that someone who owns 13 bibles would have been thankful for having the freedom to own one bible let alone many before today.
I'm glad that my bibles are now very visible on my new bookshelf, hopefully seeing them all everyday will inspire me.

No comments: