Sunday, November 25, 2007

eyeliner is apparently very important for a singer!

Over the years I've learned that as a performer I simply volunteer myself for all sorts of criticism. As a singer I've heard many honest critiques about my performances, mostly having nothing to do with my singing. Most have to do with things like my wardrobe, that way I stand, or show my teeth or close my eyes. It amazes me, the things that people will notice!! After my performance today I was told by an audience member that I need to underline my bottom lash line with liner. I had just finished singing my heart out and the most important thing that this lady had to say was that I need to put eyeliner under my eye! The hardest part is knowing how to respond to the unwanted makeup tips. I usually just smile and try not to look shocked by the fact that something like that would concern someone so much. I have to say though that those kind of comments really make all the time and money spent pounding notes and refining my vocal technique so worth it!! :)

1 comment:

Cynthia Innes said...

yah, andrea, i've always wondered to myself when you get up to sing 'where does her eye end and her cheek begin?' hahahah - this is too funny. i'm really enjoying it.