Sunday, November 11, 2007

November Uprooting

It's November. For some reason, November has traditionally been a personal crisis month in my life, something big tends to happen that uproots my pattern of thinking and tests my faith. This year is no exception. I'm struggling to keep faith and hope. I keep reflecting though on my November from last year. It was last year at this time that after a frustrating wait I was finally able to move to Indiana. As I think about all that I experienced during that year there's only one thing that I know for sure - He never left my side. I have to struggle daily to remember, because there seems to be so much blurring that blessed reality. When I do think about all that He is and has been to me, I have hope that my faith can and will be restored.
How Sweet the name of Jesus Sounds
- John Newton

How sweet the name of Jesus sounds in a believer's ear
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds
and wipes away his fear.

Dear name, the rock on which I build
my Shield and Hiding place
My never failing treasury filled
with boundless stores of grace.

Jesus, my Shepherd, Brother, Friend,
my Prophet, Priest and King
my Lord, my Life, my Way, my end
accept the praise I bring.

No comments: