Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Cake

Yesterday we celebrated the 30th anniversary of Achilles Mazda. I had the pleasure of experiencing the celebration from my 2 year old niece's perspective.

And let me tell you, for Julia it was all about the Biiiiiiiiiig Cake!! For an hour and a half all I heard about was the cake. Every conversation would somehow lead back to the cake. During all the meetings and greetings, and even during the speeches from the big wigs at Mazda Canada the only thing that was important was the big blue and white sugar loaded, chocolate imploded, creamy, melt in your mouth cake!!
Me: Julia, let's go see YiaYia and Papu. (a.k.a Julia's grandparent's)
Julia:
No Auntie, Let's go see the cake!!

Me:
Say "Hi" to Mrs. Blackie, Julia.
Julia:
Whoa look at the cake. It's BIIIIIIIG!!!

Me:
Julia, aren't the Balloon's pretty
Julia:
Yes Auntie, but cake is my favourite!!!

Me:
Let's eat some cheese, bread and carrots.
Julia:
Nooooooooo Auntie I want the cake.

Me:
Julia, are you done eating?
Julia: No, I still need cake.
When it was finally time to cut the cake the excitement was truly overwhelming!!!
(If you look closely you can see Julia in the mirror having a freak out over the cake)
And Boy oh Boy was that cake ever worth the wait!!
Ahhhhhhh, Cake!!!!

No comments: