Friday, September 14, 2007

Post Secret

This is my new favourite blog. It's called Post Secret, http://postsecret.blogspot.com/
It's an ongoing art project where people anonymously send in their deep dark secrets on a hand made post card. My Winona Lake roommate, Molly, got the original coffee table book for her birthday back in February and we sat and read through it. We were amazed by the secrets that people had. They were really eyeopening. There's something really sad about a lot of the post cards, but there's a beauty about them too. Those post cards give real insight into humanity. The pain, the joy, the confusion, the warped sense of what is truly important in this life. What really gets me is that any of those anonymous post card writers could very well be my best friend, co worker, acquaintance, mother, father, or sister and I wouldn't even know it.

No comments: