Monday, January 29, 2007

My Theme Song

I sat down last night to practice after a rather horrible day . I knew that singing a bit would take my mind off of "the car accident of the week". As I was warming up I noticed a copy of How can I keep from singing? Peering out of the top of my binder. I chose it as as my personal theme song a few years ago. I haven't sung it in a while, but somehow that hymn has always been so relevant to me. Yesterday As I sang the words, I found them to be an amazing affirmation of what I was just praying before my practice session. The events of yesterday and the culminatination of challenges I've been facing have forced me to acknowledge daily, that no matter what challenges are placed before me, there is never a good enough reason to stop offering Him all of my praise and thanksgiving. Really, with a loving gracious God like that How could anyone find a reason to keep from singing?

How Can I Keep From Singing?
(Robert Lowry)
My Life flows on in endless song;
Above earth's lamentation
I hear the near though far off hymn
That hails a new creation.
Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear His music ringing;
It sounds an echo in my soul -
How can I keep from singing?


What though my joys and comforts die?
The Lord my Savior liveth;
What though the darkness gathers round!
Songs in the night He giveth:
No storm can shake my inmost calm,
While to the Rock I'm clinging
Since Christ is Lord of heaven and earth,
How can I keep from singing?


I lift my eyes; the cloud grows thin;
I see the blue above it;
And day by day this pathway smooths
since first I learned to love it:
The peace of Christ makes fresh my heart,
A fountain ever springing:
All things are mine since I am Christ's -
How can I keep from singing?

No comments: