Monday, March 27, 2006

Restore my soul

I'm having such a hard time praying lately. The spiritual exhaustion that I'm experiencing is making it more difficult to find the words to express what's truly on my heart.
So often, worship songs speak for me the words that my heart is longing to express to my lord yet can't. This one from the downpour CD couldn't be a better prayer for me right now. I don't know who wrote the words or even who is singing the song on the CD, but they are an exact expression of my soul right now, a soul that so desperately needs and longs to be restored.


Restore my soul,
Refresh my heart,
Renew my life in every part.
Reveal to me what sin remains
then lead me to the cross again.

Relight the fire
that burned so strong.
Reminding me what you have done
My one request is to be changed
so lead me to the cross again.

And at the cross I'll find a way
to live the life your hand has made.
So find me there lord, then help me stay
in true surrender with you my saviour.

Oh come and change me Lord, in the deepest place. Come and change my ways.

No comments: