Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Burning Bridges

I have often been trapped by the bridges that I have built in my life.
I can start on the side that is causing me to stumble;
I can build a bridge to get away from it;
I can cross that bridge;
and I can wind up on the other side in a better place.
So often though, I'll find myself on that bridge again
heading back to the other side,
or I'll indecisively run back and forth from one side to another.
Somehow I fool myself as I look back and focus on the bridge.
The bridge seems to be my excuse to return to my old ways.
Maybe after a bridge is built and I have finally moved on to a better place,
it might be best to pull out a match and
"foomp!!"
watch that bridge go up in flames.
Burning bridges may not be such a bad thing afterall.
Right now it looks like I've got several bridges that I've gotta burn.

No comments: