Saturday, February 25, 2006

Elisabeth

Today I had a lesson with Elisabeth. It's been far too long since I've had a lesson with Diva Pomes :) She is definitely one of my favorite people. She is a true diva, not the horrid ego driven kind that are catty, demanding and ultimately insecure (the kind I tend to find so amusing :) No, Elisabeth is a real diva. A beautiful, strong, confident, yet humble woman - a woman who knows who she is and won't compromise that for anything or anyone. She's strong yet fully aware of her weaknesses. Not only have I learned a lot about singing from her, but she has been such an example and support system for me. It's funny how singers tend to bond with their teachers. Elisabeth has seen me at my very worst and at my very best. She knows me like noone else. She's seen my determination, my frustration, my vulnerability, my passion, my strengths and my weaknesses.
I feel so blessed to have Elisabeth in my life. She has always pushed me to my max, today being no exception. She's always been so honest about what she hears - we often laugh together at the horrid things I manage to do with my voice. The one thing she's always been is encouraging, even when I squawk and sound like a dying chicken. She has even encouraged me to move on and study with Steven and Darryl (both of whom have been great for different reasons). Elisabeth is different though in that she will always inspire me. We're what Anne of Green Gables would call "kindred spirits". For some reason Elisabeth gets me and all my craziness. After my lesson today, I know that I've got a ton of work to do for my upcoming auditions and performances, but I feel like I can now take on the world one aria at a time. Yaaaay Elisabeth!!

No comments: