Monday, December 19, 2005

Waiting

Hardly ever does God go, “Do you want that? Why didn’t you ask sooner? Have it right now.” More often God is like, “You might think you want it now, but I’m going to give it to you when you’re ready to receive it. I’m going to use the process of waiting and trusting to make you into the woman that I want you to be. I want you to wait.” - Dr.James MacDonald

What an absolute fool I have been. My entire life is being spent trying to convince God that I am "ready to receive it" now. Who am I kidding? Clearly He wants me to wait. It's time to stop fighting the process by running around in circles, doing things that aren't ever going to make a difference. It's time to sit, to be silent, to do nothing. It's time to allow Him to do His work. It's time to trust that my God is taking care of everything, preparing me to be the woman He wants me to be while I wait patiently.

No comments: