Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'll start with you

The Canadian Tire Guy is without a doubt gifted in the art of selling useless products. I’ve finally succumbed to his superior sales technique and I have to say that I now officially trust the Canadian Tire Guy. What a great guy! He's so honest and intelligent and so manly with that clean cut beard and those grandpa glasses . . . . Gotta love him!
The other day as my Dad was watching the hockey game I happened to be walking by the tv as a Canadian Tire commercial came on featuring the Canadian Tire Guy. I had to stop and watch because Canadian Tire Guy, dressed in his usual plaid flannel shirt and neatly pressed khaki's, was passionately sharing with all of Canada the greatness of the new Canadian tire reflex windshield wiper blades. He gave a neat little demonstration of how they work explaining that: "the revolutionary reflex design leads to continuous even pressure of the blade to the shield leading to a superior wipe in all weather conditions" and " the hingeless design virtually eliminates ice and snow build up", and of course one can’t forget how "the low profile technology leads to superior aerodynamics virtually eliminating windlift." I told my Dad how “great” I thought they were and joked how truly that was all I really wanted for Christmas. My Dad laughed and told me that they are no different from the wipers that I already had on my car. So I went on my merry way back to my diva life.

Funny thing should happen though, as I was at the piano rehearsing that night I couldn't seem to stop thinking about those "special" Canadian tire wipers and how badly I needed them. My thoughts transitioned from: 'How great would it be to always have reliable wipers? Wipers that held up and stuck to my windshield in the horrible ice and wind and snow.' to "my current wipers are worn out, maybe it's time for a new pair' to 'How dare my old smelly wipers cause me such trauma! I need wipers with a "superior" wipe'. I envisioned myself driving with a sparkling clean windshield, and not having to worry about the ice tearing the rubber, etc. I fell asleep that night with visions of hingeless windshield wipers dancing in my head.

The harsh reality came the next morning when I had to face the sad truth - a diva would never dare step foot into a Canadian tire store, there's just not enough sparkle and far too much testosterone to bear :) And that nauseating rubbery Canadian Tire smell is just so not healthy to be breathing in for any extended period of time - too much strain for my fragile soprano vocal chords :) So I convinced myself that my life would go on if I didn't have the Canadian tire reflex windshield wiper blades.

But on Christmas day what should I find sticking out of my stocking? Yes indeed, two Canadian Tire reflex wiper blades. "AAAAAAAA!!" I could hear the sound of the Canadian Tire angels singing. And seriously, the Canadian Tire Guy really knows what he's talking about. They work!!(they could use a bit of red sparkle paint, but what’s a diva to do, as long as there are men in flannel shirts and khaki dockers designing these things I’ll have to settle for blah black.) I can finally see out of my windshield without the horrid smears though. The superior aerodynamics do eliminate wind lift, and the hingeless design does eliminate the snow and ice. I finally own the blades with a "superior wipe." Yaaaay!

Thank you Daddy for believing the Canadian Tire Guy too. I love my new reflex wiper blades!! Ooooo, you know what else Canadian Tire Guy says is great? The Motomaster Hot Wash. No more scrapping the ice off the windshield and freezing my dainty diva fingers in the -30 cold. Just spray the windshield with some heated up washer fluid and go. Hmmmmmm, I might just be willing to expose my "fragile" soprano vocal chords to that nauseating rubber Canadian tire smell for something like that.

No comments: