Thursday, March 19, 2009

Immuninators

I've been complaining about my immune system a lot lately. Mostly because I don't understand how it has failed to prevent me from getting all of the nasty viruses and germs that have taken over my body in the past 7 months. The other day as I was fighting off the flu I was reminded of what a powerful little immune system I do have. And boy oh boy was it fighting hard. As I was sitting there feeling the heat radiating off my cheeks and profusely sweating from fever - I knew that all of those little immune system guys or luekocytes were at work and fighting hard. I even recall in my somewhat delirious state giving them a little cheer by saying "Come on guys fight, fight, fight!" So as much as I bash my system I'm so grateful at how hard it has worked to kill all of those darn little buggers over the past few months. I'm thankful that I have a fully functioning immune system - it really is a miraculous little system designed by the most magnificent Creator:)

1 comment:

~Melissa~ said...

Well, I'm glad the fighters are working! Now try to work on the preventers!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! xo