Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Diva's Beef - Nose Picking

This is a given - watching someone pick his/her nose is totally gross. i however have come to terms with the fact that it seems to be the way of a lot of the kiddies I teach. . . I can't tell you how often I sit and watch several of my students pick their noses and play with their boogies in my classes - ewwwww. They then proceed to try to hold my hand in a circle song or touch the instruments that I hand out and then collect. It's no wonder why I'm always sick!! Today I discovered that it's not only the kids who pass on their boogie germs - it's Moms too! Mom's who pick their baby's, toddler's or preschooler's nose for them and then don't bother to wash their hands afterwards, but proceed to wipe it on their own clothes . Blech! Come on!! I know it's your own flesh and blood and that you're genuinely only trying to prevent boogies from hanging out of that tiny nose, but those boogers are loaded with germs. I understand that it isn't easy being a Mom, and I totally appreciate the fact that Mom's care, but please for the sake of all those out there you come in contact with please, please, please wash your hands after picking your child's nose for him - it's just as germy on your fingers as it is on his. Blech.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh!

~Melissa~ said...

I can honestly say I have never experienced this in my teaching career! I'm so sorry you have to deal with it, and I'm so sorry I'm laughing so much!