Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Beefy kind of Subject

Admittedly this isn't something that is annoying to me as much as it is something that just makes me sad. I see it far too often - beautiful women who continue to pursue men even when it's clear that those men are not interested in her. I consider myself to be quite observant, and I can't tell you how often I've seen the hope in the eyes of those women who are acknowledged by the man who is clearly not at all into her or; how many conversations I've had with woman who continue to subtly bring up the name of a man who couldn't care less whether she exists or not. I suppose it's something that I recognize because I can't deny that I haven't been there myself several times. Over the past few years I've been seriously trying to guard myself from those false signals that men can irresponsibly put out there. If only we as women could rationally sit down, analyze and easily admit to ourselves 'he really isn't interested in me' and move on. I just wonder how many women waste time trying to get the attention of a man who in reality barely even notices her. I think that there are far too many beautiful women wasting time on men who are too blind to see their beauty.

And now for my rant about those men. I've been told that men can be completely oblivious, but seriously, I sometimes just think that those men simply don't know how to handle the admiration and rather than deal with it they try to ignore it. Men - it is down right irresponsible to dart a smile or chat it up with a woman who clearly has hope for more. I know several men who have dozens of women interested in them and I find it hard to believe that they aren't aware of the fact, when I can sit and see it as plain as the nose on my face from afar. I've sat and watched those men give false hope to women and I've watched women walk away with a hopeful glimmer in her eyes. Men - you need to be more responsible. If you're not sure if you're one of those men, ask someone. If you are more responsible, just think of how many hopeful female hearts you will reserve for men who really will nurture and give cause for hope
.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It's interesting how many people have approached me about this entry, mostly asking me if I was writing it about them . . . . . It's a general observation that I've made, but yes it probably is about you and it's about me too.