Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's all on the line

I had to sit at the border for an hour yesterday morning because of the Easter Monday traffic. (I guess some Canadians still think it's worth while making a trip across the border to do some shopping at Target:) The Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron is really lovely but I've never been a big fan of huge bridges. Whenever I travel across I imagine my car skidding on a wet or icy patch and me careening over the side of the bridge and plunging straight into the St.Clair River. Let's just say that I'm always relieved when I make it to the border guards. Needless to say, the hour wait on the bridge yesterday was long and a little nerve-racking. I found it to be especially "comforting" when a transport truck would zoom by in the truck lane causing the entire bridge to gently bounce a few times. :)

I did come to an interesting point on the bridge though. It was when I was literally sitting right on the US/Canada border for a few minutes. The front end of my car was in the US and the back end was in Canada, but I was right on the line. It was weird to be on the line. Where is one exactly when they are on the line? I'd say that for a few minutes yesterday I was on a bridge in nowhereland. I guess bits and parts of me were technically sitting in both countries. My feet and legs were definitely resting comfortably on the break and clutch which were in the States, I'm pretty sure though that my heart was in Canada where it will always be. Ahhh, True patriot love:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.