Monday, December 18, 2006

Spaghetti & Maple Syrup

I've finally put my curiosity to rest - spaghetti drizzled in maple syrup doesn't really taste as good as Buddy makes it out to be in the movie Elf. Boy is Will Ferrell ever convincing though and his had tomato sauce on it!! Even if you load the maple syrup tossed spaghetti up with marshmallows, m&m's, and crumbled pop-tarts it still tastes funny. I thought that for sure my innovative Elf dessert would be a hit . . . . I was wrong. I'm thinking that perhaps it didn't work out because I used the multi grain pasta instead of the regular white pasta. Oh well, maybe next year I'll alter the recipe and try it on some unsuspecting Canadians. For now I’ll hold off on dessert making for a while. I'm pretty sure that everyone here would agree that when it comes to dessert, "Diva" is one big cotton-headed ninny muggins:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diva,
We seem to be on a movie watching trend together. :)
One thing that IS good...spaghetti (and yes, you need the regular white pasta) fried up with sugar. It's tasty!
And when I was a kid, I didn't like spaghetti stuff (because of all the veggies my mom would put in it) and so I would always have plain spaghetti with salt and parmesan cheese. Mmm. I like the sauce now, though. :)