Thursday, November 16, 2006

First impressions

I finally made it to Indiana yesterday. This is so not what I imagined it to be. Talk about culture shock!! It could just be adjustment issues like living in a small town, being around artists who live and work by their own schedules, having to still figure things out - I don't know. I have a feeling though that the visa difficulties were only the beginning of what is going to be an extremely challenging year for me. I think I'm in for some major changes, like the painful peeling off of layers kind of changes. Changes that I'm not ready for. I can't imagine that my first impressions are right, but based on how I've been feeling for the past 24 hrs I'd pack up and drive the 8 hrs home right now. Too bad that I don't have the guts seeing that getting me that work visa caused such a fiasco. Oh God give me strength to endure.

2 comments:

Melanie Ooi said...

He will. You can trust Him on that. I've been through enough changes in my own life to know this - though I don't always remember - or choose to!

I'll bet that, when your year is up, you won't want to leave!

Blessings, and enjoy the ride! It's SOOO worth it!

PS. Jeremiah 29:11

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
I'm so glad that you made it there. I will be praying for you my sister. That God would deepen the vision that He has given you to reach the arts/music/opera world for Him. That in the midst of your weakness, He would be glorified.

Love and Blessings,
In Jesus Name,
Nancy