Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Letting go

Letting go of the illusions that I've built up in my head.
Letting go of all my words both spoken and unsaid.

To grasp, to cling to something that will only disappoint
has been the greatest cause of my heart and soul's disjoint.

Letting go will always be a hard and desperate thing
But I do know that when I let go, there's more room for my King.

So here it is, my Lord, my God, I give this up to You,
and ask that You replace the lies with your loving truth.

Set me free of all the pain as I lay this at Your feet,
and show me that without Your love all I am is weak.

My God you are the one true constant in my life,
The lover of my soul in sorrow, pain and strife.

I offer you my heart and mind as I sing Amazing Grace,
because I know that even when I let go I'm safe in Your embrace.

No comments: