Thursday, April 20, 2006

Rejected

Got a rejection letter in the mail today. I wasn't overly interested in the program but I sent a CD anyway kind of as a back up plan. Even when my heart isn't overly invested in certain auditions, I still struggle with the little negative voices that pop up in my head when rejected. The voices that question my talent, my desire, my passion, my work, and whether or not I should even continue with this whole singing thing. I guess I better gear myself up for the possible rejection that could come from the auditions where my heart is invested. Gotta love the psychological games that come from investing oneself in an art form.
Rejection is the one part of the singing world that I'll never get used to.
It just downright stinks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you loud and clear sister!!
But aren't all those "no"'s worth the excitement and joy that comes from even just one "yes"?