Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Turtle X-ing

Today I ran over a turtle on my way to work . . . . I couldn't swerve fast enough to miss him because I wasn't expecting a turtle to be out in the middle of the road, so I ended up nicking him with my tire. I heard a big 'thunk kutunk' under my car and then as I watched out my rear view mirror I saw the turtle traumatically bouncing off the road with his little tail or head peering out. . . or maybe those were his guts. I hope I didn't kill the poor guy. What the heck was a turtle doing all tucked into his shell in the middle of the highway??? Then again it was Milton. Being accustomed to city living, sometimes I forget that the turtles are still free to roam in the middle of the street in growing places like Milton. Perhaps a turtle X-ing sign should be put up.

No comments: