Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ending my American Addictions

Tonight I finished the final diet Wild Cherry Pepsi from the case that I smuggled into the country last month. As I savoured my last sip I felt a twinge of sadness, but at the same time I was pretty relieved too. I got totally addicted to this stuff while in Indiana. I knew that it wasn't good for me, but it was so nice to finally have real diet cherry cola. That diet vanilla cherry stuff that they sell here tastes like cough syrup. I usually had one a day while in Indiana and it provided a sweet zero calorie oasis of joy for me for 7 months. I'll be ok though, I know that there are more pleasures in life than the sweet burst of fake cherry flavour mixed into a bubbly brain damaging cola. I may suffer a bit of withdrawl, but I got over my addiction to Marshmallow Mateys and I am a better person because of it. I do have the occasional relapse when I see a box of lucky charms in the cereal isle, but if I can get by without the fake styrofoamy toxic marshmallows then I can do without my diet cherry pepsi too.

No comments: