Saturday, May 20, 2006

Campaign for Real Beauty

Today as I was running my recital errands all over the city , I couldn't help but notice the most recent Dove ads that are plastered on the walls of several subway stations.
When the Campaign for Real Beauty was launched by Dove last year, I was excited about the idea of seeing beautiful women portrayed in a realistic way. The new skin firming ads have made me jump out of my seat and shout bravo once again!! It was really refreshing for me to see women who I could actually identify with in the "8 women. 16 curvy thighs. 0 bony supermodels." ads.

Have the ads convinced me to go out and buy the new dove firming lotion? No - I do realize that it will take more than a lotion to firm up those "great curves" of mine, but I still say Kudos to dove for being bold and taking the initiative to change the way women are portrayed in advertising. Yaaay Dove!! Real women do have real curves - thanks for noticing :)
http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.ca/flat2.asp?id=6155&section=inthenews_firming

No comments: